If you are looking for a lightweight AR-15 handguard but don’t want to sacrifice strength, then check out the Sons of Liberty Gun Works EXO2 rail. This free float handguard features M-LOK attachment slots down the sides and bottom and has angled slots for attaching offset lights. It also has a full length picatinny top rail that indexes with M4 flat top upper receivers to ensure it is flush and won’t rotate over time. It locks to the upper receiver with an aluminum barrel nut and steel hardware. This M-LOK handguard is made from 6061-T6 aluminum and has a type III hardcoat anodized finish for long term wear and corrosion resistance. The SOLGW EXO2 handguard is a great option if you are planning on building a short carbine or simply just upgrading from your old rail.
- 1.36” internal diameter
- Made from 6061-T6 aluminum
- Hardcoat anodized type III finish
- Free floated to improve accuracy and barrel cooling
- M-LOK slots at 1, 3, 6, 9, and 11 O’clock positions
- Full length picatinny top rail
- Indexes to the upper receiver
- Includes aluminum barrel nut and steel hardware
- Includes aluminum M-LOK QD socket
- Includes aluminum M-LOK 5 slot rail segment
Sons of Liberty Gun Works is a custom rifle manufacturer in the United States that specializes on the AR-15 platform. They began producing purpose-built weapons for law enforcement and civilians alike and are given a lot of praise for focusing on the details that make an AR reliable. Function over form is what their rifles are known for and they are guaranteed to get the job done. From full rifles to individual parts, you can’t go wrong with SOLGW.