Built on an extruded 6061 billet upper receiver, using a steel gas block as opposed to aluminum, and the new V2 Dirty Bird M-LOK handguards. We use Permatex 242 on key components while using mil-spec AEROSHELL 33MS Anti-Seize grease on the properly torqued barrel nut and muzzle device. 300BLK is a great round for home defense and hunting. To this end, the recessed flash can directs conclusive gas and noise down range, toward the target and away from the shooter. The Dirty Bird Gen 2 Handguard features a shaved top rail, M-LOK mounting slots on every side of the handguard and feature the patent-pending ASAL locking system to ensure your handguard will not lift or slip under any circumstances. The clever anti-rotation system uses a stainless steel dowel that indexes the receiver with the handguard.
Bottom line is this: you hear all the time about guys buying a budget upper and it not lasting or having to send it back because of some hardware defect or other issue caused by a careless assembly process. That is why we use top tier components and assemble each unit to the highest standard of quality. We want your upper to function flawlessly out of the box. In fact, we guarantee it will.
Buy with confidence, this upper is backed by our 30 day satisfaction guarantee. Buy it, run it, abuse it, and if you aren’t satisfied you can send it back for a full refund.
Made in the USA
NBS Slick Side Billet Upper Receiver
- M4 Feedramps
- Compatible with mil-spec forged lower receivers and most billet lower receivers
- .250 takedown / pivot pin holes
- No forward assist
- Designed to be used with or without a port door / dust cover (will need to remove e-clip from dust cover pin before assembly)
- Weight: 7.1oz
Dirty Bird AR-15 SMRS Handguard – Slim M-LOK Rail System V2
- Machined from aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum extrusions.
- Type 3 hard anodizing or Cerakote™ sprayed at 1 mil thickness per spec.
- M-LOK attachment slots on all sides, including the shaved portion of the top rail.
- 1913 Picatinny top rail with shaved and beveled center section.
- Snag free design with smooth, uniform octagonal surface ideal for accessory attachment or application of specialty coatings or patterns.
- This version features the patent pending anti-slip / anti-lift attachment method (ASALTM) for an easy, timing-free installation that provides an extremely rigid and secure attachment. Read below for more technical details about this impressive new attachment method.
- Compatible with most known low profile gas blocks.
Straight Forward Installation
- Using only a 1-3/16 Crow’s Foot wrench and 5/32″ Allen key
- Barrel nut does not requiring timing with the gas tube. No shims required.
The end result is a great looking, zero compromise handguard suitable for a wide variety of builds.
1.7″” Maximum Vertical ID (for considering vertical height of gas blocks)