NOTE: These units have a cosmetic blemish which will not effect form or function. In fact, the blemish is not even visible from the exterior of the receiver so you may never even notice it.
The DB9 CA Compliant Billet Lower Receiver is an ideal choice for starting your pistol caliber (9mm, 40 S&W, .357 Sig) AR build. Precision machined from a solid block of 7075-T6 billet aluminum and finished with hard-coat black anodizing per Mil 8625 Type 3 Class 2 specifications, you can be sure that this unit is as tough as they come.
This lower receiver accepts any Glock style small frame pistol caliber magazines in 9mm, .40 S&W, .357 SIG, etc. and the mag well features a beveled feed lip for quick and easy mag swaps. Extensive testing and attention to detail also ensure that your Glock style magazines will drop free when released. The proprietary magazine catch and ejector is included and pre-installed from the factory.
Other features include:
- **Internal factory installed feature forces the upper to be opened slightly to allow the magazine release to function. No need for aftermarket mag locks, etc.
- Proprietary magazine catch assembly and ejector is included and installed at the factory
- Integrated large opening “winter” trigger guard
- Threaded takedown pin spring and detent hole for easy installation. Set screw is included. Note: To prevent excess pressure on the rear takedown pin and detent, you can shorten the detent spring by the same length of the set screw using some wire cutters prior to installation.
- Threaded upper tension screw to adjust any “slop” out of vertical fit between the upper and lower.
- Ambidextrous finger rests above and below the mag release.
- Threaded bolt catch pin included for easy bolt catch installation.
- Manufactured by New Frontier Armory right here in the USA.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
This lower will drop-free factory Glock small frame pistol magazines. It has also been thoroughly tested with Magpul GL17 9mm pistol magazines to fit and drop-free. Promo, KCI, Kahn and other types of magazines will also work but due to varying thicknesses relative to factory Glock mag dimensions, slight modification to the magazine catch may be required.
Lower Parts Kit Compatibility
Any mil-spec or better LPK will work but you won’t need the mag catch assembly, bolt catch roll pin or the trigger guard as those are all included with this lower.
You’ll want to use a 9mm (extended) buffer which is longer and heavier than a standard carbine buffer. Standard carbine buffers will work but it’s a good idea to use a spacer to limit the rearward travel. This is simply because a 9mm BCG is shorter than a standard BCG which means there is more travel and gives the BCG more time to build speed as it returns home and this extra velocity can cause excess stress on the bolt catch. 9mm extended buffers are common and well worth the investment.
Before firing your new build we suggest you adjust the ejector. You can do this quickly and easily by following these steps:
- Back-off the two hex-head screws holding the ejector just enough so the ejector has a semi-tight “friction fit”.
- Ensure the ejector is seated all the way to the rear and all the way down in it’s pocket.
- Close the upper onto the lower with the bolt all the way forward.
- SLOWLY cycle the bolt in and out about 1/4 of the way back a few times.
- Allow the bolt to close all the way and tighten up the ejector screws. No need to over-torque as this could cause the ejector to shift position, we’ll be adding blue (non-permanent) locktite in the next step.
- OPTIONAL: At this point you can use some dummy rounds to check for proper ejection.
- Remove one ejector screw at a time (ensuring the ejector does not move) and add a dab of blue locktite to the threads and tighten them back down.