6mm ARC is quickly becoming one of the most versatile rounds for the AR-15. With better ballistic coefficients and velocity than 5.56 and .223 and a flatter shooting experience compared to .308, it’s no wonder this cartridge is becoming wildly popular! The Dirty Bird 6mm ARC complete upper is great for anything from hunting medium to large game, hitting targets at a 1000 yards with ease, and everything in between.
The 16″ 6mm ARC Complete Upper is built with accuracy and maneuverability in mind, which is why we went with the following components:
Ballistic Advantage 16 6mm ARC SPR Profile
- SPR Profile
- 416R Stainless Steel to maintain the highest level of accuracy
- 1:7 Twist Rate to stabilize most types of ammunition
Dirty Bird AR-15 SMRS Handguard – Slim M-LOK Rail System Gen 2
- Machined from aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum extrusions.
- Anti-rotation tabs.
- Type 3 hard anodizing or Cerakote sprayed at 1 mil thickness per spec.
- M-LOK attachment slots on all sides (except top)
- 1913 Picatinny top rail with shaved and beveled center section.
- Raised QD attachment points at the 3 and 9 o’clock positions.
- Snag free design with smooth, uniform octagonal surface ideal for accessory attachment or application of specialty coatings or patterns.
- Aircraft Grade aluminum barrel nut. In our tests, the aluminum barrel nuts are just as effective when torqued to spec. Additionally, the weight savings enable us to utilize a longer barrel nut design which means more surface area at the attachment point without adding unnecessary weight.
- Precision Machined from Top Tier 7075-T6 Aluminum Forgings (forge marks may vary)
- Not all foged uppers are created equal and we only use the best for our uppers meaning they will be free from excessive pitting, machined to spec and finished with quality (not purple or chalky) hard coat anodizing
- M4 Feedramps
M16 / AR15 6.5 Grendel BCG
- 8620 M16 style carrier
- 9310 6.5 Grendel bolt
- 4140 billet gas key
- 4140 Cam Pin nitride treated for wear resistance
- Billet Machined Extractor
- Firing pin precision machined from 17-4 H-900 Stainless Steel
- Mil-Spec Style
- 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum
- Smooth Operation and Positive Grip under Extreme Conditions
- Type 3 Class 2 Hard Coat Anodizing