This Midnight Edition 10.5″ 5.56 NATO Complete Upper by DBI features a 416R Stainless Medium Profile barrel chambered in 5.56 with a 1:7 twist. The barrel is then finished with Midnight Bronze Cerakote. Built on a top-tier t-marked Forged Upper Receiver and finished with Dirty Bird’s 9.5″ SMRS M-LOK Handguard. No corners are cut when manufacturing these complete uppers. All barrels are dimpled and cold blued, use a black nitride 4140 steel gas block and a stainless steel gas tube. The gas block set screws feature knurled cone tops and are installed using blue locktite ensuring that no amount of vibration will cause the set screws to come loose but they will still be removable for servicing if needed.
This complete upper features an extended latch charging handle (Midnight Bronze latch matches the barrel) and a M16 profile Bolt Carrier Group with a slick and durable DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) finish.
Made in the USA – Backed by Dirty Bird Industries’ Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Chambered in 5.56 (will also function with .223)
- 10.5″ Medium Profile w/ 1:7 Twist
- Carbine-Length Gas System
- 416R Stainless w/ Midnight Bronze Finish
- Midnight Bronze A2 Muzzle Device
- Machined from aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum extrusions.
- Anti-rotation tabs.
- Type 3 hard anodizing or Cerakote™ sprayed at 1 mil thickness per spec.
- M-LOK attachment slots on all sides (except top)
- 1913 Picatinny top rail with shaved and beveled center section.
- Raised QD attachment points at the 3 and 9 o’clock positions.
- Snag free design with smooth, uniform octagonal surface ideal for accessory attachment or application of specialty coatings or patterns.
- Aircraft Grade aluminum barrel nut. In our tests, the aluminum barrel nuts are just as effective when torqued to spec. Additionally, the weight savings enable us to utilize a longer barrel nut design which means more surface area at the attachment point without adding unnecessary weight.
- Precision Machined from Top Tier 7075-T6 Aluminum Forgings (forge marks may vary)
- Not all foged uppers are created equal and we only use the best for our uppers meaning they will be free from excessive pitting, machined to spec and finished with quality (not purple or chalky) hard coat anodizing
- M4 Feedramps
- Laser etched T-marks