This version features our new patent pending anti-slip / anti-lift attachment method for easy and secure installation.
These are blemished units, meaning that they have cosmetic imperfections which will not affect function. These blem handguards may have inconsistent logo engraving and / or small machine marks. The photos you see above are one of the actual blem units.
The SMRS (Slim M-LOK Rail System) by Dirty Bird Industries is a high quality and feature packed M-LOK hanguard designed for AR15 platform rifles and pistols. When designing this handguard, the team started from a basic set of requirements: The handguard must be tough, versatile, practical and have a straight forward install.
- Machined from aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum extrusions.
- Anti-rotation tabs.
- Type 3 hard anodizing or Cerakote™ sprayed at 1 mil thickness per spec.
- M-LOK attachment slots on all sides (except top)
- 1913 Picatinny top rail with shaved and beveled center section.
- Raised QD attachment points at the 3 and 9 o’clock positions.
- Snag free design with smooth, uniform octagonal surface ideal for accessory attachment or application of specialty coatings or patterns.
- Aircraft Grade aluminum barrel nut. In our tests, the aluminum barrel nuts are just as effective when torqued to spec. Additionally, the weight savings enable us to utilize a longer barrel nut design which means more surface area at the attachment point without adding unnecessary weight.
- Compatible with most known low profile gas blocks.
Straight Forward Installation
- No frills clamp-on style installation using only a 1-3/16 Crow’s Foot wrench and 5/32″ Allen key
- Barrel nut does not requiring timing with the gas tube. No shims required.
The end result is a great looking, zero compromise handguard suitable for a wide variety of builds.
Made in the USA
Dirty Bird Industries’ Limited Lifetime Warranty
1.7″ Maximum Vertical ID (for considering vertical height of gas blocks)
Weight (including mounting hardware)
15″ – 12.4oz