- 7-position buffer tube (designed to use with Vltor A5 buffer and spring)
- Positions are numbered and are visible through the witness hole from most buttstocks
- Snag-free sliding of the stock
- A5 buffer tube is slightly longer than the Mil-Spec buffer tube to increase performance
- Accepts Mil-Spec buttstocks
- Vltor patented design A5 Buffer (designed to use with Vltor A5 buffer tube)
- Castle nut has three notches for staking
- Material: 7075 T6 aluminum
- Buffer tube: 4.3 oz.
- Buffer: 5.3 oz.
- Finish: Hard coat anodized
- A5 Buffer Tube Kit:
- 1x A5 Buffer Tube
- 1x A5 Buffer
- 1x Buffer Spring
- 1x Locknut (Castle Nut)
- 1x End Plate
When you want the best performance from your AR-15, you leave nothing to chance. You could use any buffer tube on the market, but if you want a multi-position receiver extension that will give you reliable performance you should make sure that Vltor A5 components are on your list of considerations. The Vltor A5 Receiver Extension is made through impact extrusion of 7075 T6 Aircraft grade aluminum.