The new Hellion™ from Springfield Armory represents a radically unique and innovative approach to firearms design, helping to redefine perceptions of semi-automatic 5.56mm performance. Featuring a “bullpup” configuration where the action is located behind the trigger, the Hellion features an overall length of just 28.25-inches while still possessing a 16” barrel. The Hellion sports ambidextrous controls that work in concert with a reversible case ejection system. The result is a 5.56 that combines portability with potent performance.
- QD POINTS: The Hellion comes with QD mount points on both sides of the 5.56mm bullpup, ensuring you can use the sling of your choice, arranged for use from either side.
- BULLPUP DESIGN: The bullpup system moves the action and the magazine back behind the trigger, reducing the overall length drastically while still retaining effective downrange performance.
- ADJUSTABLE GAS SYSTEM: The Hellion 5.56mm bullpup features a two-position adjustable gas block with “S” suppressed and “N” normal modes to adapt to conditions and ammo availability.
- Caliber: 5.56x45mm NATO (.223 REM)
- Color: Black
- Barrel: 16″ CMV, Melonite, 1:7
- Front Sight: Integrated Flip-Up, Elevation Adjustable
- Rear Sight: Integrated Flip-Up w/ 5-Position Aperture, Windage Adjustable
- Bolt Carrier Group: Proprietary, Melonite®
- Gas System: 2-Position Adjustable, Short Stroke Piston
- Handguard: Polymer, M-Lok
- Stock: 5-Position Adjustable w/ Cheek Riser
- Muzzle Device: 4-Prong Flash Hider
- Charging Handle: Ambidextrous, Non-Reciprocating
- Safety Switch: Ambidextrous
- Grip: BCMGUNFIGHTER Mod 3
- Magazines: (1) 30-Round Magpul PMAG Gen M3
- Weight: 8 lbs
- Length: 28.25″ – 29.75″