So, you want to build a light weight AR-10 We can help you with that. One of the most important parts of an AR-10 build is calculating how much you want it to weigh. Depending on barrel length and accessories, most AR-10 builds weigh 7-9 pounds, and sometimes even more. Many modern AR-10 uppers are made specifically in the DPMS patterns, and these ODIN Works M-LOK 308 handguards are made to fit those patterns. There are 2 of them, the taller version which measures at 2.06″ inches, and the shorter version that measures at 2.00. These handguards come in 2 lengths, 12.5″ inch and 15.5″ inch overall. (*Please see picture for where to measure to find out which pattern you have)
These ODIN Works M-LOK 308 Free Float Handguards are made of 6005-T651 Aluminum. The 6005-T651 Aluminum type is 99% similar to 6061 Aircraft Aluminum, and has a T6 temper. The T6 temper means that it was heated to 980 degrees F in a treated solution, until it reached a specific hardness, then aged. 6005-T651 Aluminum alloy has a Brinell Hardness of 95 and an ultimate tensile strength rating of 38,000 PSI. In addition to the strength of the materials, these aluminum handguards are also hard anodized for a tougher surface finish. Hardened and dense on the inside, with a solid anodizing on the outside makes a heavy duty forend system.
The ODIN Works M-LOK Handguard was created as a free float forend to help provide a more accurate shooting platform. It was also designed and constructed to be as light as it possibly could be, without sacrificing strength. It’s design incorporates lightening cuts in the shape of a “comma” or what they refer to as their “ODIN Boomerang Cuts”. Not only do they lighten up the rail, but they look great. And of course, our Satisfaction Guarantee here at AR-15Discounts.com means that if you’re not pleased for any reason, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund.
- Forend adapter thread pattern: 1-7/16 -16
- Free floated design
- Made from 6005-T651 Aluminum (T6 Temper)
- Weight: 12.60 oz.
- Inside diameter: 1.75″ inches
- Outside diameter: W-1.95″ H-2.23″ inches
- Advanced ergonomic design for comfort & improved performance
- Continuous/uninterrupted Picatinny Rail across the top (12 o’clock)
- Accessory rails can be placed at 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions and can be joined to create continuous Pic Spec Rail
- QD sling mount positions at 3 and 9 o’clock.
- M-LOK is MAGPUL’s modular locking accessory mounting system
- 1/2 slot incremental adjustments for precision accessory placement.
- No backside rail access is needed
- Accessories can mount forward or rear facing
- Mount metal or polymer accessories