Kaw Valley Precision Linear Comps are part of a small family of compensators aimed at taming muzzle concussion. The KVP Magnum Linear Comp, collects and redirects muzzle gases away from the shooter. This redirection helps reduce the perceived decibels the shooter experiences at his or her ear. By pushing excessive noise and concussion downrange, not only will the shooter experience a much softer shooting experience, bystanders will also benefit from the redirection of the muzzle gasses. Kaw Valley Precision has been a part of many successful applications of our linear comps in many shooting disciplines including: CQC (close quarters combat), Competitive Shooting, Varmint Hunting, Law Enforcement, and Indoor Ranges to name a few.
The Magnum Linear Comp is machined from carbon steel, QPQ Black Nitride finished, and can be used in any rifle cartridge application. Magnums are a larger form factor comp, for use in pistol and rifle builds. The Magnum Linear Comp fills the gap that the XL Linear Comp family couldn’t fill. (XL Linear Comps PCC only) The hexagonal flats allow for easily accessible wrench flats down the entire body of the comp. Installation and removal of the Magnum Comp is a breeze, even while partially installed under a hand guard.
- The KVP Linear comp is part of a small group of muzzle devices that are designed to collect and redirect muzzle gases down range.
- This helps lower the perceived decibels a shooter experiences.
- The positive effects of our comps are especially noticed in AR-15 pistols and SBR’s that are notorious for having brain busting muzzle concussion.
- Application considerations include but are not limited to, SBR’s, close quarter combat (CQC), pistols, and hunting rifles.
- No Crush Washer Needed For Installation: Torque to 15 ft lbs.
- Thread Variants: 1/2×28 TPI, 5/8×24 TPI, 11/16×24 TPI, 5/8X32
- Overall Length: 2.25″
- OD: 1.25″
- Caliber: Various Caliber Applications based on barrel thread
- Material: Carbon Steel
- Weight: 4.8oz – 4.9oz
- Heat Treatment: Melonite QPQ
- Surface Finish: QPQ Black Nitride