The Lancer Adaptive Magwell (LAM) is a bolt-on upgrade for all milspec AR-15’s which increases the effective diameter of the magazine well, decreasing reload time and improving reliability under stressful or adverse conditions.
- Available in one-piece and two-piece configurations (see chart below for compatibility details)
- Designed for milspec AR-15 rifles and standard forged lower receivers with removable trigger guards
- Machined from 6061 T6 aluminum
- Includes rubber gaskets for a snug rattle-free fit
- Compatible with most standard M4/M16/AR15 pattern magazines
- NOTE: Lancer’s Adaptive Magwell is not compatible with third generation (G3) Magpul PMAG’s due to the magazine’s over-travel stop.
|Billet / Non-Standard Forged||X||✓ Select Models Only|
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS (ONE-PIECE)
- Remove spring pin (or roll pin) from the front of the trigger guard where it connects the existing magwell.
- Swing the trigger guard down so that you have approximately 1/2″ of clearance below the magwell.
- Slide the Lancer Adaptive Magwell (LAM) over the lower lip of the receiver until it stops, making sure that the rubber gasket is properly seated down in the front pocket of the LAM. (NOTE: The one-piece LAM comes with two styles of rubber gasket. You may want to test fit the magwell with both to determine which gasket style will work best for your particular receiver.)
- Using a small screwdriver or the tip of a dummy round, depress the spring-loaded pin on the LAM and slide it the rest of the way onto the receiver until the spring-pin pops into place in the trigger guard pin hole.
- Re-install the front of the trigger guard into the mounting location on the LAM.
- Check to make sure the LAM is secure and perform a basic function test on the rifle prior to live-fire use.