Aero Precision M5 308 Receiver Set w/ 15" Keymod Handguard - FDE
Aero Precision M5 308 Upper Lower Builder Set w/ 15" Keymod Handguard Gen 2- FDE Cerakote
This item must ship to an FFL dealer.
This package deal features the components you need to start building your own M5E1 (.308) Rifle, including an M5 Lower Receiver, M5E1 Upper Receiver and 15" Gen 2 Keymod Handguard all FDE Cerakote.
- M5 Lower Receiver
- M5E1 Enhanced Upper Receiver
- 15" Keymod Handguard, Gen 2
- All 3 pieces are finished in mil-spec Anodized Black hardcoat
M5 Upper Receiver
Aero's state of the art M5E1 platform starts here, with the M5E1 Upper Receiver. The M5E1 upper receiver is a one-piece design combining the handguard mounting platform with the upper itself. Through superiorengineering, we have condensed the parts needed to mount a free-floated handguard to a mere 8 Screws Since the handguard mounting surface and upper are of the same forging, not only is it a stronger system, but we are able to make additional lightening cuts to save weight and allow for more efficient cooling.
Ease of installation - Simply insert your barrel assembly into the M5E1 upper, tighten it using the included barrel nut and slide your rail on and tighten the rail Screws Within minutes you have a modular, free-floated rail.
- M4 Feedramps
- .2795 takedown pin holes (DPMS size)
- Lazer engraved T-marks
- Comes assembled, with dust cover and forward assist installed
M5E1 Specific Details:
- Handguard mounting platform is forged into the receiver
- Works with Aero Precision M5 Enhanced Handguards
- Barrel nut included
- Barrel nut uses standard 1-3/8" crowfoot wrench torqued to 65 ft lbs
- M5E1 Upper Receiver in FDE
- Port Door and Forward Assist installed
- Barrel Nut
Please Note - - The M5E1 Upper Receiver is specifically designed to be used with our M5 Enhanced Handguards. It will not work with other AR10/308 handguards.
M5 Lower Receiver Features:
- Works with standard DPMS 308 components and magazines
- Upper Tension Screw - Allows users to fine tune the fit of the upper and lower receiver through the use of a nylon tipped tensioning set screw inserted in the grip tang of the lower receiver.
- Rear takedown pin detent hole is threaded for a 4-40 set screw
- Bolt catch is threaded for a screw pin (no roll pin needed)
- Integrated trigger guard
- Selector markings will work with 45, 60 or 90 degree safety selectors
- Accepts Battle Arms Development short throw safety selectors, but will work with any standard selector
- No gap with aftermarket pistol grips
- Stripped M5 (.308) Lower Receiver in FDE
- Nylon tipped tensioning set screw
Aero's Enhanced KeyMod (EK) Handguards provide a lightweight free float design for your custom M5 .308 build. The KeyMod system allows advanced modularity past the current 1913 picatinny rail system. Machined to mil-spec dimensions and engineered to perfection, this handguard eliminates bulk while retaining strength and stability.
- 1pc free float design
- Built in anti-rotation tabs
- Scalloped rails
- 1.72" inside diameter fits most muzzle devices and 1.5" suppressors
- Compatible with low profile gas blocks
- Quick disconnect sling socket at the 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions
- Milled additional surfaces along flats to aid with gripping and add visual appeal.
- Continuous top rail has a new profile of the Picatinny Top Rail
- DPMS High Profile (.210) Tang