AR15 Performance 16" 6.8 ARP 5R T-Scout 4150V Melonite Barrel
Years before most companies knew the 6.8 existed, the folks at AR15 Performance (ARP) were busy testing different rifling and chamber designs to make sure their 6.8spc barrels performed better than any other production barrel on the market. Even outperforming so-called "match grade" barrels at a much lower cost.
The terminal performance provided by the 6.8spc makes it an ideal cartridge for hunting dear and hogs.
The 5R barrels are known to produce 60-100fps more velocity than the common 11 twist 4 groove barrels. Hi perf. chamber and barrel allow for ANY factory ammo to be used along with the hottest handloads. The throat/freebore is designed to be more accurate with a wider range of bullets than the typical SPCII chamber.
- Chamber: 6.8 ARP(-similar to Wylde)accurized chamber
- Profile: SCOUT lightweight- 2017 Barrel tapers .746-.696 under the guard/.750 GB /.700 GB forward
- Fluted: No
- Barrel Length: 16"
- Twist Rate: 1:11.25- Hybrid 5R rifling
- Gas System: mid Length
- Diameter at Gas Port: .750"
- Muzzle Thread Pitch: 5/8x24
- Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel
- Finish: Melonite
- Process: Button Rifled
- Barrel Lining: Melonite
- Barrel Extension: M4
- Assembly: Stripped
- Weight: 1lb 13.6oz