Years before most companies knew the 6.8 existed, the folks at AR-15 Performance (ARP) were busy testing different rifling and chamber designs to make sure their 6.8spc barrels performed better than any other production barrel on the market. Even outperforming so-called “match grade” barrels at a much lower cost.
The terminal performance provided by the 6.8spc makes it an ideal cartridge for hunting dear and hogs.
Hi perf. chamber and barrel allow for ANY factory ammo to be used along with the hottest handloads. The throat/freebore is designed to be more accurate with a wider range of bullets than the typical SPCII chamber. The 5R barrels are known to produce 60-100fps more velocity than the common 11 twist 4 groove barrels.
- Chamber: 6.8 ARP(-similar to Wylde)accurized chamber
- Profile: midweight -.800 under the guard/.750GB/.700
- Fluted: No
- Barrel Length: 18″
- Twist Rate: 1:11.25- Hybrid 5R rifling
- Gas System: mid Length
- Diameter at Gas Port: .750″
- Muzzle Thread Pitch: 5/8×24
- Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel
- Finish: Melonite
- Process: Button Rifled
- Barrel Lining: Melonite
- Barrel Extension: M4
- Assembly: Stripped
- Weight: 2lb 2.6oz