Years before most companies knew the 6.8 existed, the folks at AR-15 Performance (ARP) were busy testing different rifling and chamber designs to make sure their 6.8spc barrels performed better than any other production barrel on the market. Even outperforming so-called “match grade” barrels at a much lower cost.
The terminal performance provided by the 6.8spc makes it an ideal cartridge for hunting dear and hogs.
The 5R barrels are known to produce 60-100fps more velocity than the common 11 twist 4 groove barrels. Hi perf. chamber and barrel allow for ANY factory ammo to be used along with the hottest handloads. The throat/freebore is designed to be more accurate with a wider range of bullets than the typical SPCII chamber.
- Chamber: 6.8 ARP(-similar to Wylde)accurized chamber
- Profile: SCOUT lightweight- 2017 Barrel tapers .746-.696 under the guard/.750 GB /.700 GB forward
- Fluted: No
- Barrel Length: 16″
- Twist Rate: 1:11.25- Hybrid 5R rifling
- Gas System: mid Length
- Diameter at Gas Port:.750″
- Muzzle Thread Pitch: 5/8×24
- Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel
- Finish: Melonite
- Process: Button Rifled
- Barrel Lining: Melonite
- Barrel Extension: M4
- Assembly: Stripped
- Weight: 1lb 13.6oz