Looking to complete your AR-15 build with a high-quality upper assembly? Well, the Thunder Ranch Edition upper assembly from Aero Precision is a great option to consider.
It goes without saying that the upper receiver, barrel, gas system, and handguard are some of the key elements of an AR-15, which affect everything from accuracy, reliability, and recoil impulse, to the feel and appearance of your rifle. Therefore, if you want an AR-15 that works in a wide variety of roles, accurately, reliably, and comfortably, make sure to check out the Aero Precision Thunder Ranch Upper.
The Aero Precision Thunder Ranch Upper comes with a high-quality barrel, made from Chrome Moly Vanadium. Better known as CMV, Chrome Moly Vanadium is a steel alloy, which is made from combining impurities with steel that make it stronger and more stable at higher temperatures. Moreover, with the QPQ coating, the barrel is more corrosion resistant as well.
CMV barrels are used in Mil-Spec M4s and M16s and are designed for sustained fire from fully automatic rifles. Therefore, with your semi-auto AR-15, this CMV barrel will last a lifetime.
The barrel is also threaded with a 1/2″-28 TPI thread pattern and comes with a pinned VG6 Precision Delta 556 Flash Hider to get the 16-inch legal rifle length.
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Finish: Type III Class 2 Hardcoat Anodized or Cerakoted Flat Dark Earth
- Upper Receiver: Aero Precision Thunder Ranch Edition M4E1 Threaded Upper – 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Handguard: 12-Inch ATLAS R-ONE Handguard
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: VG6 Precision Delta 556 Flash Hider
- Barrel: 14.5″ 1:7 QPQ Coated 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Barrel w/ Pinned Flash Hider (16.3″ Total Barrel Length)
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2″-28 TPI
- Gas Block: Aero .750″ Low-Profile Gas Block
- Gas Tube: Mid-Length Gas tube
- Bolt Carrier Group: Not Included
- Charging Handle: Not Included
- HP and MPI Tested